Q: I get an error message when trying to install docuPrinter Pro. What should I do?
Here are the things you should consider:
1. Make sure that you are logged with the Administrator account;
2. Make sure that the Print Spooler service is started;
3. Reboot the computer and try the docuPrinter installer again;
4. If the steps above don't help try this: in windows go Start->Settings->Printers->Add a printer->install the Apple Color LW 12/660PS printer driver on your system, then reboot the computer and try the docuPrinter installer again.
Q: The JPEG files that I create through docuPrinter Pro seem to be grayed. How can I improve that?
A: docuPrinter Pro allows you to set the "quality" of the output JPG/JPEG files.
1. In the docuPrinter Pro "Save As" window, select JPG as output format and click the "Configure" button.
2. Adjust "JPEG Quality" to a higher setting to improve image quality.
NOTE: Adjusting the image quality to a higher setting can cause your JPEG file to become larger (in file size) so experiment to see which setting works best for your documents.
Q: What should I change in the docuPrinter Pro configuration to create smaller PDF files?
Here are several things you can try (note that, by default, docuPrinter Pro is configured to create high-quality PDF files optimized for printing):
a. In the docuPrinter Pro "Save As" window, select PDF as output format and click the "Configure" button->select Screen as Optimize For setting.
b. In Windows go Start->Settings->Printers->select docuPrinter ->right mouse click->Properties->Printing Preferences->Advanced->select Outline as TrueType font download option.
Q: Why some of the PDF files created with docuPrinter Pro cannot be displayed in MacOS X Preview?
A: MacOS X Preview doesn't support PDF files with custom true type font encoding - Acrobat Reader for MacOS X displays this type of PDF documents without any problem. A simple workaround is to force docuPrinter Pro to produce PDF files with type1 (PostScript) fonts inside which are fully supported by MacOS X Preview - in Windows go Start->Settings->Printers->select docuPrinter ->right mouse click->Properties->Printing Preferences->Advanced->select Outline as TrueType font download option.
Q: When I print from Word through docuPrinter Pro and my page orientation is Landscape the resulting PDF gets rotated. What do I do?
A: In Word click File -> Print select docuPrinter as your printer and click OK. When the "Save As" window
comes up click the Configure button->Edit PDF Settings and change Auto-Rotate Pages from "None" to "PageByPage".